Rogan Associates participated in the 1st International Scientific Conference on Design and Management of Harbor, Coastal and Offshore Works (DMPCO) which took place in Athens, Greece from 8 to 11 May 2019.
The conference organized by the Laboratory of Harbor Works, of the Department of Water Resources and Environmental Engineering of the National Technical University of Athens, School of Civil Engineering, and with the collaboration of the Laboratory for Floating Structures and Mooring Systems of the School of Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering of the National Technical University of Athens, the Laboratory of Maritime Engineering and Maritime Works of the department of Civil Engineering of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, and the Hydraulic Engineering Laboratory of the department of Civil Engineering of the University of Patras.
More than 100 presentations were presented by professionals and scientists from around the world. The DMPCO was a great opportunity for comprehensive discussions on the contemporary and state-of-the-art scientific and technological advantages associated with:
- the design, construction and management of harbor, coastal and offshore structures,
- the supporting infrastructures for ships and floating structures,
- the protection of coastal areas against erosion,
- the long lasting formation of coastal zone morphology,
- the protection of the environment and the assessment of the risks associated with the manmade harbor, coastal and offshore infrastructures,
- the construction, installation and management of offshore structures (fixed and floating) for underwater mining and exploitation of hydrocarbons.
Congratulations to the Organizing and the Scientific Committee and to all the participants for this great first international conference!